Fear Free Certified
Developed by “America’s Veterinarian,” Dr. Marty Becker, the Fear Free initiative aims to “take the ‘pet’ out of ‘petrified’” and get pets back for veterinary visits by promoting considerate approach and gentle control techniques used in calming environments.
Creating a fear free experience at our veterinary clinic means providing a calm, secure, and relaxed environment for your pet from the moment they walk in the door until they head back home, feeling better than ever. From the time they enter our clinic, we have set space for canines and felines to reduce tensions. Our team is also participating in a continuing education program to become fear free certified professionals. We want every single visit to be a fear free visit for your pet.
Click below to download our Fear Free Handouts:
- 10 Things That Make Fear Free Veterinary Visits Different
- Checklist For Socialization
- The Spectrum of Fear, Anxiety, and Stress – Dogs
- The Spectrum of Fear, Anxiety, and Stress – Cats
- Giving Medications To Your Pet: How To Put The Treat Into Treatments
- How To Pill Your Pet With Kindness
- How To Prepare Your Pet For A Veterinary Visit
- Training Dogs To Love Getting Vaccinations and Other Injections
- Glasgow Composite Pain Scale
Here’s a sneak peek:
Before Your Pet’s Visit:
Please be sure to complete our Fear Free Pre-Visit Questionnaire:
We decided to look at the latest research and look at what we could do to make The Pet Doctor a low-stress place for pets to receive medical care.